When other people want to lose weight, it's not wrong if you want to know how to make the body become fuller. Gaining weight is not an easy matter for those of you who have a thin body. Having a body that is too thin is not always fun. This can be a problem if the cause is lack of nutrition or certain diseases. Not to mention, if you view these conditions can worsen when you, especially women, are pregnant. However, there are healthy ways you can take so that you can gain weight.
First Check Your Health
The best way to gain weight depends on what causes you to lose or lose weight. So before starting a weight gain program, first check whether your weight is below normal weight by calculating your body mass index. If indeed you are underweight, you may need medical attention.
Some conditions that can cause your body weight to decrease from normal include:
- Hyperthyroidism or overactive thyroid gland.
- Celiac disease that makes the body unable to absorb certain nutrients from food.
- Indigestion, such as Crohn's disease or ulcerative colitis.
- Suffered from cancer and underwent chemotherapy.
- Eating disorders such as anorexia nervosa.
- Suffer from psychological disorders such as stress or depression.
- People who suffer from the above diseases need treatment from doctors and psychiatrists if needed.
Getting a More Filling Ideal Body
Apart from the medical disorders above, for those of you who want to gain weight in a healthy and safe manner, you can follow the guidelines below.
- Choose healthy foods that are rich in nutrients. The best way to get a fuller body is not to consume as much fat and high sugar as possible, but to choose healthy foods with the right balanced nutritional content. Eat more fruits, vegetables, nuts, and lean sources of protein such as tofu, tempeh, and skinless chicken meat.
- Eat more often. People with less weight often feel full quickly. Instead of eating two to three times a day in large portions, it's better to eat 5-6 times a day in smaller portions.
- Consuming juice or smoothies. You are advised to drink calories at mealtime, especially when you are not appetizing to eat any snacks. Smoothies are fruit and nut based drinks mixed with milk or yogurt and other ingredients that are put together and blended. Avoid soft drinks, coffee, and other soft drinks that do not contain nutrients. You can also replace snacks with a glass of fresh juice.
- Eat snacks. On the sidelines of the main meal, consume nutritious snacks such as dates, boiled corn, soybeans, avocados, vegetable salads. As much as possible limit foods that are processed by frying (fried) in an oil bath if you want to gain weight.
- Add calories. Add calories in each of your foods. Sprinkle grated cheese on bread from whole grains, or scrambled eggs in your chicken soup. However, still be careful in choosing calorie-enhancing foods so as not to cause excess glucose (blood sugar) or unhealthy fats in the body.
- Drink when eating or 30 minutes after eating. Drink plenty of water before eating can make the body full. Instead, drink in the middle of a meal or 30 minutes afterwards, this will make the body absorb more calories.
- Familiarize yourself with exercise. Strength training can increase your body weight by building your muscles. In addition, exercise is also beneficial to arouse your appetite. Aerobics, weight lifting, static cycling, swimming and running are sports that can be tried. Combine exercise with consumption of protein-rich snacks, such as low-fat chocolate milk. This drink can also be consumed before going to bed.
- Get enough rest. Lack of time and quality of sleep has the potential to make the body's metabolism unable to work properly. Sleeping and waking up on time can help maintain weight.
Increase Body Weight After Disease
Pain for a long time and loss of appetite, can make you lose weight. In fact, at this time the body most needs food with enough calories, protein, vitamins, minerals and nutrients to recover.
The following are some foods that are easily digested, easily processed, and healthy to restore the body's condition, for example smoothies, porridge and vegetables, boiled eggs, tofu, chicken soup, whole wheat bread with cheese, milk, oatmeal porridge, boiled potatoes, boiled potatoes, or banana. Always cook raw meat until it is fully cooked and avoid eating raw fish.
Increase appetite during and after illness is a difficult effort. The following are some tips that are expected to get you back to eating well, including:
- A short walk before eating is expected to arouse your appetite.
- Eat your favorite food.
- Sugary foods can arouse appetite. Combine ingredients such as honey and milk in your juice or smoothies.
In addition to exercise and healthy eating, there are many vitamin supplements on the market that are promising to increase weight. Find out whether the product is safe for you to consume or not. Vitamin supplements will not be effective if you do not eat healthy food and exercise regularly. In fact, some supplements can bring bad risks to health. But if you intend to consume it, make sure the product has been registered with BPOM and consumption in accordance with doctor's advice.
By following the guidelines above, you can increase your weight. And a body that is fuller and healthier, is no longer just a dream.